TVC Graffiti Free Thirroul - Minutes and Actions
10am Saturday 29th February 2020 at Cucina Café Thirroul.
ATTENDEES John DALLA POZZA, Lucy, Rose, Peter Spencer, Murray Jones, Tony Horneman
To report and control illegal graffiti vandalism in the Thirroul area. Aim for ‘Graffiti Free Thirroul’.
- There has been a noticeable reduction in graffiti crime in the Thirroul area in recent times.
- Offensive graffiti (Kill Men) in laneway beside Cucina Café, LHD, Thirroul. Overpainted with white paint. Owners asked to provide matching paint to complete.
- Graffiti on private property Redman Rd/King St (apartment complex beside Anitas theatre) Overpainted in white.
- Further discussion about what to do about Station St Thirroul wall opposite the school. Overpainted in dark grey. Tony to ask TfNSW if they could water blast and overpaint the entire wall (except the street art) at the next trackwork weekend. Rose said that the school children like the street art on the wall. Tony to contact Jo Holder from Neighbourhood Centre to seek more info about the street art in Station St.
- John met an officer from Dept of Corrective Services work teams who overpaint graffiti in Thomas Gibson Park from time-to-time. We believe this is organised through the council via Lila Dimoski.
- Change of meeting venue for next meeting due to Cucina Café being too noisy. Next meeting Sat 10am Sat 30th May 20. Two Mountains Merchants, 364 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul.
26th May18 (1st), 30th Jun 18 (2), 29th Sept 18 (3), 2nd Feb 19 (4), 18thMay 19 (5), 17th Aug 19 (6), 16th Nov 19 (7), 29th Feb 20 (8)
KEY CONTACTS AND STAKEHOLDERS
Wollongong City Council (02) 4227 7111
Facebook page www.facebook.com/askwcc
Council’s website http://www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/ Smartphone ‘Report It’ app.
Sydney Trains Feedback Webpage https://www.sydneytrains.info/contact_us/feedback
Endeavor Energy Website http://www.endeavourenergy.com.au
Saturday 10am 30th May 2020 at Two Mountains Merchants, 364 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul
0411 213 715